The beginner classes are designed to introduce you to multiple aspects of the Lohan Qigong system and give you a solid skill foundation to start benefiting from the system’s breathing, meditation and relaxation aspects.
- Tuesdays 6:00pm – 7:00pm
- Thursdays 6:00pm – 7:00pm
- Saturdays 9:00am – 10:15am
Benefits of our qigong training:
- Stretch and strengthen your muscles, tendons and internal organs
- Calm your mind and attain a meditative state
- Regulate your breathing and increase circulation
- Improve your coordination
- Activate your meridian channels
- Be part of a rich cultural tradition that goes back to the monastic practices of the Shaolin temple
This class does not have any pre-requisites and are tailored to all students regardless of your level of fitness or physical ability. Your instructor will discuss with you how the training can be modified to suit your needs.
Beginner classes include:
- Warming up your body, muscles, joints, ligaments and qi.
- Basic Lohan Qigong breathing exercises.
- Lohan Qigong walks: the first exercises that coordinate breathing and movement.
- Lohan Qigong medical basics including massage.
- Introduction to the Eighteen Lohan, the first Lohan Qigong form.
Students will typically train the beginners class for at least 1-2 years before advancing to the intermediate class, however many of our students find the beginners class alone is suitable enough for their needs.
Below is the full curriculum for the beginner class:
Beginners Level 1
- Basics: Four breathing exercises.
- Basics: Four breathing exercises with singing.
- Walks: Internal massage walk
- Walks: Gall bladder channel walk
- Massage: Basic facial massage
- Forms: Sun & moon palms (breathing)
- Forms: Sun & moon palms (singing)
Beginners Level 2
- Basics: Natural breathing
- Basics: Working the gates: spine breathing & hand movements
- Walks: Pao Seik walk
- Walks: Yang walk
- Massage: Basic Jiao organ massage
- Forms: Sun & moon palms (exercise)
- Forms: Dragon section
Beginners Level 3
- Basics: San Jiao Breathing
- Basics: Dan Tian singing
- Walks: Yin walk
- Massage: Basic body massage & points
- Forms: Tiger section
Beginners Level 4
- Basics: San Jiao full exercises
- Walks: Yin & Yang walk
- Massage: Facial & head massage points
- Forms: Crane section
|1||Four breathing exercises
Four breathing exercises with singing
|Internal massage walk
Gall bladder channel walk
|Basic facial massage||Sun & moon palms (breathing)
Sun & moon palms (singing)
Working the gates: spine breathing & hand movements
|Pao Seik walk
|Basic Jiao organ massage||Sun & moon palms (full exercise)
|3||San Jiao breathing
Dan Tian singing
|Yin walk||Basic body massage & points||Tiger section|
|4||San Jiao full exercises||Yin & Yang walk||Facial & head massage points||Crane section|