Our monthly lion dance and forms revision classes are starting up again this year, from this Saturday.
They will be held on the first Saturday each month: 2nd Mar, 6th Apr, 4th May, 2nd Jun, 6th Jul, 3rd Aug, 7th Sep, 5th Oct, 2nd Nov, 7th Dec.
Classes are open to all students whether you train Kung Fu or Qigong. If you are on a class pass both classes will count as one punch.
This year, there will be a separate program for beginner and advanced students so that it’s easier to learn at your level. The items covered will vary from class to class but here’s what we’ll be doing this weekend.
Lion Dance Class (1:30pm-2:30pm)
- Instrument practice (cymbals)
- Basic lion dance steps (without the head)
- Instrument practice (gong+drum)
- Lion dance routine (choy cheng + lion character/technique)
This week’s class will also have Sifu Alan Baxter from Illawarra Kung Fu, sharing some additional tips.
Forms Revision Class (2:30pm-3:30pm)
Beginners: forms from recent seminars
- Sa Ba Jong (sand bag dummy)
- Seung Duen Gwan (double stick form)
Advanced: forms from the HSG and WST syllabus